Our range of core minerals for coatings applications includes:
- Aluminium oxide
- ATH aluminium trihydroxide
- Barium sulphate
- Calcium aluminium silicate
- Calcium silicate
- Crystalline silica
- Micaceous iron oxide
- Nepheline syenite
- Silica sand
- Titanium dioxide extender
- Wollastonite (acicular and non-acicular)
Sibelco’s extensive range of coatings products includes:
Made of acicular wollastonite, a calcium silicate. The addition of Casiflux:
- Reduces mudcracking
- Improves sag resistance
- Is a synergist for anti-corrosion
- Acts as a reinforcing agent in anti-fouling paints
These functional fillers offer a unique combination of physical and chemical properties, delivering premium performance in architectural, wood and powder coating systems. Minex fillers are ideal for clear coats, offering unique photochemical stability and facilitating low VOC formulating.
The lamellarity of this iron oxide, combined with good chemical resistance and heat stability, makes it an ideal functional filler for anti-corrosion coatings applications where long term, heavy duty structural steel protection is vital. Deutsche Bundesbahn approval.
Portafill covers a range of functional fillers and extenders, including:
- A: an ATH based filler that acts as an effective alternative to barium sulphate in thermosetting powder coatings. It is chemically inert, with high purity and brightness and low density.
- H5: this complex microfine carbonate provides a highly performant TiO2 extender for decorative coatings. It offers high brightness, excellent dry hiding power and effective rheology control.
- G: this high quality amorphous calcium-aluminium silicate can be applied in high loading in your specific application . It offers dimensional stability, high electrical resistivity and low oil absorption.
Portaflame SG provides effective flame retardancy in EIFS (external insulation finishing systems). A broad range of particle sizes has been engineered for optimal packing. High brightness and consistent particle sizes provide a reliable end product. Flame retardant up to 200°C, it is chemically inert with low specific gravity, offering high whiteness and purity.
Portalum B consists mainly of corundum, an extremely hard mineral with Mohs hardness 8. Chemically inert, it is ideally used in applications where the utmost hardness, abrasion resistance and antiskid properties are demanded.
As an alternative for precipitated barium sulphate, our Portaryte types combine excellent dispersability with low binder absorption. Chemically inert, they offer formulators:
- High purity and brightness
- Excellent gloss control
- High density
Using high purity selected silica sands as base material, Sablocolor demonstrates high stability and wear resistance. The portfolio contains an extensive range of standard colours to cover most applications whilst tailor-made grades or mixtures can be developed for special purposes.
This Cristobalite filler provides effective pigment extension, preserves the colour intensity of deep tone paints and improves the strength and sandability of transparent systems. In traffic paints, antiskid properties, mechanical strength and light visibility are improved.
- Exceptional whiteness and reflectivity
- Low density
- Compatible with self-cleaning paints
Silverbond silica flours are ideally suited for all resin systems and a wide range of industrial paints and coatings, as well as high performance epoxies. They offer hardness and abrasion resistance and chemical resistance as well as anti-corrosion and low oil absorption properties.
Our talc product range provides ideal fillers for improving adhesion, flow and barrier properties of paints. The platy form of the particles in combination with the low hardness of talc make it very low in abrasion.
- High purity
- High lamellarity
- High brightness
- Adds texture in powder coatings
The hard and angular particles of Unispar micronized feldspar fillers create a rigid reinforcing network that effectively strengthens a wide range of architectural and industrial coating systems. Unispar offers chemical resistance, better stain and burnish resistance and high tint retention.